Friday, December 11, 2009

Leavin' on a jetplane

It's almost 10pm, -25F outside, and we just finished packing. Tomorrow our flight leaves at 7a.m. for Seattle, 3 hour layover then on to Lost Angeles and a 7 hour layover, then on to Panama City and a 10 hour layover, then finally, Bogota, Colombia. The Panama City layover is 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. so we'll head into the city and perhaps check out some sort of canal system I've heard mentioned before. Whatever.

36 hours of travel with 20 hours of layovers. Yikes. Angela has a sinus cold that is flowing like a river so she's hopped up on Theraflu and trying to pack pots and pans from the kitchen. I shall remain vigilant.
We have allowed ourselves 2 - 30 liter daypacks and it looks like we'll make it. I have my D200 with an 18-200 lens and a 12-24 lens and a 10" Acer laptop and a buttload of charging cables. Angela has 20 pounds of makeup and hair care products, 13 different pairs of shoes and 9 sets of sunglasses. First order of business is to hire a sherpa in Bogota.

Become a follower and stay tuned! At the end of this trip one random follower will receive an authentic South American keepsake. It could be you!!

2 comments:

  1. I notice you don't have sunblock on that list, no wonder you are red as a beet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She ALWAYS over packs! Tell Ang, next time she needs to pack more like me... I scale it down to 8 lbs of makeup and hair care products, and only 9 pairs of shoes... a girl really does need 9 sets of sunglasses, though, so I can't help you there...

    ReplyDelete